- 2982 Rock Hill Rd
- Aubrey, TX 76227 USA
- P: (940) 365-2467
- F: (940) 365-2570
Select Breeders Southwest
A growing interest in frozen semen within the horse industry and the success of SBS in Maryland, prompted Paul Loomis and Whit Byers to form Select Breeders Southwest, Inc. in 1992. Recognizing the need to provide on-site freezing services to stallion owners and veterinary clinics, SBSW introduced the industry’s first fully equipped mobile semen freezing laboratory in 1994. Initially working primarily with Warmblood Sport Horses and Arabians, SBSW was well established and poised for growth when the AQHA ad APHA accepted frozen semen in the year 2000. With the launch of the SBS Affiliate Laboratory program in 2000 it became unnecessary for the SBSW mobile lab to travel throughout the entire United States and as a result a new, smaller mobile lab was introduced in 2002 with a second to follow in 2004. Whit Byers retired in January 2010 and Paul Loomis took over full ownership of SBSW. Debbie McPherson is the General Manager and directs the day to day operations in Aubrey.
SBSW is located on approximately 40 beautiful acres in Aubrey, Texas, “Horse Country USA.” Our facility includes a laboratory with the latest technology for semen analysis, a large frozen semen storage area, two barns, lush green pastures plus private turnouts for your stallions and mares. It is also home to our two mobile laboratories.
We are equipped to assist you with your stallion management needs whether they be training him for collection, breeding live cover, performing cooled semen analyses, processing cooled semen for shipment, freezing semen, standing your stallion for the breeding season, etc. Our facility is inspected by the USDA bi-annually and approved for the collection and processing of semen intended for export out of the United States.
Our caring staff will treat your mare as one of our own during her stay. She will not be just another number but will be treated as an individual and feel at home in one of our large pastures, her own private stall, or one of our foaling stalls. She will be well cared for whether she is getting ready to foal or being managed for breeding with fresh, cooled or frozen semen.
Our frozen semen storage and distribution services are second to none. Our facility houses approximately 49,000 doses of frozen semen, for both domestic and export use, from hundreds of stallions. We are well versed in the art of exporting frozen semen and send approximately 60 shipments (~2500 doses) throughout the world each year. Due to our vast experience in exporting equine semen we are able to get shipments to their destinations in a timely manner and without unnecessary delays.
Utilizing our two mobile laboratories we are able to offer our semen services to farms and veterinary clinics. Each of our mobile labs has equipment for semen collection, processing, and analysis which includes a controlled rate cell freezer and a Hamilton-Thorne computer assisted semen analysis system. Our mobile labs are USDA approved. If your collection facility is approved by the USDA we are able to process semen for export to foreign countries. Although our main territory includes Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas we would like to discuss traveling to your facility, wherever it may be. Please call our office or email info@SelectBreedersSW.com.
Stallions Standing At SBSW for 2016
Iron Enterprise 1998 AQHA 16.3 Bay Stallion #4035047
Iron Enterprise (Natural Iron x Lacious) is double registered AQHA and PtHA. He is a 3x AQHA High Point Champion and the sire of over 60 Congress and World Champions and Reserves in 6 events.
- He earned 235.5 Lifetime Points in 4 events
- 2011 Equistat #2 Leading Sire of Money Earners
- Iron Enterprise is negative for GBED, HERDA, HYPP, MH, PSSM1, CEM and EVA.
- His offspring have grossed over $300,000 in winnings.
- All Iron Enterprise foals are eligible for AQHA Incentive Fund, NSBA SIF / BCF, Southern Belle futurities, APHA Breeders Trust and PtHA.
- Special considerations for Congress/World Champion Mares.
- Download a 2016 Iron Enterprise breeding contract here.
Radical Rodder 1991 AQHA Brown Stallion #3016256
Radical Rodder (Hotrodders Jet Set x Flashy Bar Flower) has earned more than 91 AQHA Western Pleasure and Halter points and over $17,000 on the way to his Performance ROM, Superior and World Championship in Western Pleasure. He earned this in both Junior and Senior events----he has had an enduring presence in the show ring.
- He is the sire of World, Reserve World, National, Reserve National and Congress and Reserve Congress Champions in 6 major breeds, AQHA, Palomino Horse Breeders of America, APHA, American Pinto, International Buckskin, and Appaloosa Horse Club.
- AQHA leading sire of Halter and Performance horses since 2001.
- Some of his offspring include Radical Rumors (over $100,000 in earnings), Radical Revolution, Radical Lookin, Radical Rendition, Hot Roddin Zip, Free Radical, Heza Radical Zip, More Radical, RV Flashy N Radical, Ill Be RV Radical, Radical Tony Tiger.
- His oldest foals were born in 1995 and have earned over $1,008,687.14.
- Perfomers in Western Pleasure, Western Horsemanship, Halter, Hunter Under Saddle, Hunt Seat Equitation, Trail.
- All Radical Rodder offspring are eligible for the following futurities:American Quarter Horse Association Incentive Fund (must be nominated by baby owner), National Snaffle Bit Association Incentive Fund (foal must be Nominated), National Snaffle Bit World Championship, Southern Belle Futurities
- Radical Rodder has been tested for (N/N) Negative for GBED, HYPP, HERDA, PSSM inheritable diseases. He has also been tested and vaccinated for EVA. He has also been checked for VS and CEM yearly.
- Visit http://www.radicalrodder.com/breeding.htm for breeding and contract information.
The Big Sensation 2003 APHA 16.3 Overo Stallion #00742822
The Big Sensation (Zippos Sensation x Behind Blue Eyes) is a 2x APHA World Show All-Around Horse, 7 x World Champion, 1 x World Show Challenge Champion, 6 x Reserve World Champion and a Multiple World Champion producer.
- He is the only horse to win all 4 APHA World Show Hunter Under Saddle classes.
- The Big Sensation has won a World Champion title in the 2-Yr-Old, 3-Yr-Old, Jr and SR Hunter Under Saddle.
- He is enrolled in APHA Breeders Trust, NSBA Breeders Championship Futurity, NSBA Stallion Incentive Fund and many Stallion Service Auctions.
- Some of The Big Sensation’s offspring include Chasinthesensation, Strike N It Big, Big Ones Only, The Big Dog, Bigger Yet, The Big Maneuver, Go Big Or Go Home, Shez Sirtainly Big, Chansation, and Big Expectations among many other World Champions.
- Discounts for multiple breedings, repeat customers, World Champion or World Champion producing mares.
- Download a breeding contract for The Big Sensation here.
The Only Escape 2002 AQHA 16.3 Blk/Br Stallion #4662646
In 2005, as a 3 yr old, The Only Escape (Invitation Only x Escapist) was named the Congress Hunter Under Saddle Futurity Champion and then in 2006 was named the AQHA World Show Junior Hunter Under Saddle World Champion. His first foal crop was born in 2007 and he has produced numerous Congress Champions and Reserve Champions.
- Stand Stallions for Breeding
- Train to Collect
- Semen Analysis
- Cooled Semen Analysis
- Cooled Semen Processing
- Advanced semen processing techniques such as EquiPure gradient centrifugation
- Frozen Semen Processing (domestic/export)
- Frozen Semen Storage and Distribution (domestic/export)
- Mobile Laboratory Semen Analysis and Processing
- Year-round Boarding
- Breeding with Fresh, Cooled or Frozen Semen
- Low dose and deep horn insemination, both rectally guided and video endoscopic
- Year-round Boarding
Ed is the Vice President of SBSW. He completed his undergraduate degree from Michigan State University and his MBA from Colorado State University. After working in the area of finance for the private sector for a number of years, he started and operated a technology and consulting company for 22 years. He resides in Tolar, TX with his family, runs a small cow calf operation as well as trains and shows cutting horses in the NCHA.
Patrick is our Storage and Distribution Manager. He has been with SBSW since 2010 and is also one of our Mobile Lab freeze technicians. Patrick comes from a ranching background. He began starting colts at a young age and has wanted to be involved in the horse industry ever since. Patrick is a graduate of Texas Tech University.
Mandi graduated from the University of Georgia with a Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Communications in 2002. She worked in the veterinary industry for 8 years as a large and small animal technician. Prior to joining the SBS team she spent a year in Georgia working with a veterinarian collecting stallions and breeding mares as well as assisting in embryo transfers. She recently moved to Texas from Georgia in September 2014. Mandi serves as the Export Coordinator and assists with the domestic shipments as well. In her free time she enjoys barrel racing and training horses.
Joy is a freeze technician at Select Breeders Southwest. She completed her Bachelor's degree in Animal Science at Texas A&M University. Joy's interest in both horses and animal reproduction grew through her coursework and led her to pursue a Master's degree in Equine Reproduction, also from Texas A&M University.
Stacy is the Office Manager / Bookkeeper at Select Breeders Southwest. She graduated from Texas Woman's University (TWU). Stacy managed a ranch while finishing her degree at TWU. She has always had a passion for horses and enjoys working in the horse breeding industry. She is blessed with an amazing 7 year old daughter and they both have horses for pleasure.