- 2982 Rock Hill Rd
- Aubrey, TX 76227 USA
- P: (940) 365-2467
- F: (940) 365-2570
Select Breeders Southwest
A growing interest in frozen semen within the horse industry and the success of SBS in Maryland, prompted Paul Loomis and Whit Byers to form Select Breeders Southwest, Inc. in 1992. Recognizing the need to provide on-site freezing services to stallion owners and veterinary clinics, SBSW introduced the industry’s first fully equipped mobile semen freezing laboratory in 1994. Initially working primarily with Warmblood Sport Horses and Arabians, SBSW was well established and poised for growth when the AQHA ad APHA accepted frozen semen in the year 2000. With the launch of the SBS Affiliate Laboratory program in 2000 it became unnecessary for the SBSW mobile lab to travel throughout the entire United States and as a result a new, smaller mobile lab was introduced in 2002 with a second to follow in 2004. Whit Byers retired in January 2010 and Paul Loomis took over full ownership of SBSW. Debbie McPherson is the General Manager and directs the day to day operations in Aubrey.
SBSW is located on approximately 40 beautiful acres in Aubrey, Texas, “Horse Country USA.” Our facility includes a laboratory with the latest technology for semen analysis, a large frozen semen storage area, two barns, lush green pastures plus private turnouts for your stallions and mares. It is also home to our two mobile laboratories.
We are equipped to assist you with your stallion management needs whether they be training him for collection, breeding live cover, performing cooled semen analyses, processing cooled semen for shipment, freezing semen, standing your stallion for the breeding season, etc. Our facility is inspected by the USDA bi-annually and approved for the collection and processing of semen intended for export out of the United States.
Our caring staff will treat your mare as one of our own during her stay. She will not be just another number but will be treated as an individual and feel at home in one of our large pastures, her own private stall, or one of our foaling stalls. She will be well cared for whether she is getting ready to foal or being managed for breeding with fresh, cooled or frozen semen.
Our frozen semen storage and distribution services are second to none. Our facility houses approximately 49,000 doses of frozen semen, for both domestic and export use, from hundreds of stallions. We are well versed in the art of exporting frozen semen and send approximately 60 shipments (~2500 doses) throughout the world each year. Due to our vast experience in exporting equine semen we are able to get shipments to their destinations in a timely manner and without unnecessary delays.
Utilizing our two mobile laboratories we are able to offer our semen services to farms and veterinary clinics. Each of our mobile labs has equipment for semen collection, processing, and analysis which includes a controlled rate cell freezer and a Hamilton-Thorne computer assisted semen analysis system. Our mobile labs are USDA approved. If your collection facility is approved by the USDA we are able to process semen for export to foreign countries. Although our main territory includes Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas we would like to discuss traveling to your facility, wherever it may be. Please call our office or email info@SelectBreedersSW.com.
Stallions Standing At SBSW for 2015
Radical Rodder 1991 AQHA Brown Stallion #3016256
RADICALRODDER (Hotrodders Jet Set x Flashy Bar Flower) has earned more than 91 AQHA Western Pleasure and Halter points and over $17,000 on the way to his Performance ROM, Superior and World Championship in Western Pleasure. He earned this in both Junior and Senior events----he has had an enduring presence in the show ring. He can move and he is pretty.
· He is the sire of World, Reserve World, National, Reserve National and Congress and Reserve Congress Champions in 6 major breeds, AQHA, Palomino Horse Breeders of America, APHA, American Pinto, International Buckskin, and Appaloosa Horse Club.
· AQHA leading sire of Halter and Performance horses since 2001
· Some of his offspring include Radical Rumors (over $100,000 in earnings), Radical Revolution, Radical Lookin, Radical Rendition, Hot Roddin Zip, Free Radical, Heza Radical Zip, More Radical, RV Flashy N Radical, Ill Be RV Radical, Radical Tony Tiger.
· His oldest foals were born in 1995 and have earned over $1,008,687.14
· Perfomers in Western Pleasure, Western Horsemanship, Halter, Hunter Under Saddle, Hunt Seat Equitation, Trail
· All Radical Rodder offspring are eligible for the following futurities:American Quarter Horse Association Incentive Fund (must be nominated by baby owner), National Snaffle Bit Association Incentive Fund (foal must be Nominated), National Snaffle Bit World Championship, Southern Belle Futurities
· Radical Rodder has been tested for (N/N) Negative for GBED, HYPP, HERDA, PSSM inheritable diseases. He has also been tested and vaccinated for EVA. He has also been checked for VS and CEM yearly.
Visit http://www.radicalrodder.com/breeding.htm for breeding and contract information.
- Stand Stallions for Breeding
- Train to Collect
- Semen Analysis
- Cooled Semen Analysis
- Cooled Semen Processing
- Advanced semen processing techniques such as EquiPure gradient centrifugation
- Frozen Semen Processing (domestic/export)
- Frozen Semen Storage and Distribution (domestic/export)
- Mobile Laboratory Semen Analysis and Processing
- Year-round Boarding
- Breeding with Fresh, Cooled or Frozen Semen
- Low dose and deep horn insemination, both rectally guided and video endoscopic
- Year-round Boarding
Ed is the Vice President of SBSW. He completed his undergraduate degree from Michigan State University and his MBA from Colorado State University. After working in the area of finance for the private sector for a number of years, he started and operated a technology and consulting company for 22 years. He resides in Tolar, TX with his family, runs a small cow calf operation as well as trains and shows cutting horses in the NCHA.
Zach is a graduate of Texas Tech University. After earning his BS in Animal Science he remained at Texas Tech to serve as farm manager for their Ranch Horse Breeding Program until he joined SBSW in 2008. He serves as our Breeding Manager and Senior Freeze Technician.
Patrick is our Storage and Distribution Manager. He has been with SBSW since 2010 and is also one of our Mobile Lab freeze technicians. Patrick comes from a ranching background. He began starting colts at a young age and has wanted to be involved in the horse industry ever since. Patrick is a graduate of Texas Tech University.
Caitlin is our Export Coordinator. She is a recent graduate of Texas A & M University with a BS in Animal Science and a minor in Business. While in school she participated in the Summer Clinic program and traveled throughout Texas teaching horsemanship clinics at 4H Clubs. Caitlin enjoys lots of trail riding on her Quarter Horse mare.
Chris is a graduate of Aquinas College and has a background in accounting and finance. This helps her fulfill her role as the bookkeeper. In her spare time she enjoys motorcycle riding.