Laboratory Technician and Support
Select Breeders Southwest, Inc. (SBSW) is seeking to hire an energetic and motivated individual to join the team of professionals at our Aubrey, Texas facility. With its network of 14 Affiliated Laboratories located throughout the world, Select Breeders Service is the leading provider of equine semen freezing, storage and distribution services. Our Texas facility maintains an equine sperm bank of approximately 50,000 doses of frozen semen. In addition to providing semen collection, evaluation and cryopreservation services to stallion owners SBSW distributes annually over 5,000 doses of equine frozen semen to domestic and foreign destinations.
The ideal candidate is organized, self directed, detail oriented, flexible and a person who works well with others in a small "team" atmosphere.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not limited to the following
- General laboratory maintenance
- Lab setup, cleaning and restocking
- Maintenance of lab equipment
- Assist with and perform semen collections
- Assist with semen evaluation and processing procedures for cooled shipment and cryopreservation
- Travel solo in mobile laboratories to long distance (approximately 2 weeks) and local clients for semen processing
- Assist with frozen semen distribution and maintenance of frozen semen inventory
- Basic computer skills
- Microsoft office programs
- Will train to use our custom database software
- Proficient in basic laboratory procedures - Pipeting, Dilutions, Microscopy, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of equine reproduction and breeding management
- Prior experience with semen collection and evaluation
- Training in specific SBS protocols will be provided
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and occasionally ½ day on weekends
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and ability
Benefits: Full time employees that have completed one year of service are also eligible to participate in a company sponsored 401K and profit sharing plan.
Interested parties should email or mail a Letter of Interest and Resume to:
Select Breeders Service, Inc.
Attn: Debbie McPherson
2982 Rock Hill Road
Aubrey, TX 76227