Part-Time Administrative and Accounting Assistant
Select Breeders Service, Inc. (SBS) is seeking to hire an energetic and motivated individual to join the team of professionals at our Maryland based equine reproductive technology company. With its network of 16 Affiliated Laboratories located throughout the country, SBS is the leading provider of equine semen freezing storage and distribution services in North America. We also have an International Network of Affiliated Laboratories with locations in Europe, Australia and Central America.
In addition to providing semen collection, evaluation and cryopreservation services to stallion owners, SBS-Maryland is the central laboratory for all US based affiliate labs and is responsible for media production, quality control, training and technical support of affiliate personnel. We also operate a veterinary services division that offers mare breeding and management, foaling and an embryo transfer program. As such we are a full service equine reproduction center.
This is a part-time hourly position that provides administrative support to the Office Manager and the Book Keeper.
The ideal candidate is organized, self-directed, detail oriented, flexible and a person who works well with others in a small "team" atmosphere.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not limited to the following:
· Answer and direct incoming calls for SBS and SBS-VS
· Manage all incoming and outgoing mail and distribute faxes as directed
· Maintain appearance of reception area
· Implement and maintain efficient filing systems
· Create and maintain customer files, ensuring PCI compliance
· Assist distribution with shipment air-bills and notifications
· Data entry and report generation in various SBS databases
· Provide clerical support to office manager as required
· Assist with event planning and travel reservations
· Assist with mail out of quarterly storage billing
· Assist in updating client files in QuickBooks
· Create sales receipts and charge credit cards
· Class credit card receipts per PO requests
· Record credit card receipts in QB’s and identify missing charges
· Make calls on delinquent accounts
· Assist in developing, tracking and implementing marketing plan
· Assist in coordination and submission of print and web advertising
· Participate in outbound sales efforts
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs.
- Accounting experience and knowledge of Quickbooks preferred.
- Organizational skills and good communication are vitally important to this position.
- A fundamental understanding of equine reproduction and breeding management is beneficial, but not required.
This is an hourly position estimated to constitute 20-30hrs a week. The ideal candidate would be available to work 9am-3pm Monday through Friday. However scheduling is somewhat flexible.
Interested parties should email or mail a Letter of Interest and Resume to:
Select Breeders Service, Inc.
Attn: Jonathan Clark
961 Cayots Corner Rd