Seasonal Stall Cleaner and Horse Care Assistant
Select Breeders Services-Veterinary Services, LLC (SBS-VS) is seeking to hire an energetic, motivated, and dedicated individual to join our team of equine and veterinary professionals at our Chesapeake City, Maryland breeding center. Our mare and foal facility houses and cares for 40 to 60 mares and foals depending on the season of the calendar year. We care for pregnant mares, foals through weaning, breeding mares, embryo transfer donor mares, recipient mares, and routine veterinary patients in both an in-house and ambulatory capacities. We provide routine breeding and veterinary care, referral reproductive care, management of cooled and frozen semen breeding, embryo transfer, trans-vaginal oocyte aspiration, and foaling services. Additionally, we have a dedicated herd of mares that serve as recipients to receive equine embryo transfer.
Our parent company, Select Breeders Services, is a global leader in producing equine frozen semen, storage, and distribution. The Maryland facility is the central laboratory for all affiliate SBS labs in the US. For more information on SBS-VS please see our website at: http://www.selectbreeders.com/sbsvet
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in daily horse care for all client and SBS-VS owned animals. Including, but not limited to, feeding, watering, stall cleaning, turnout and grooming.
- Maintain a sanitary and clean facility and office.
- Unload feed, hay, straw, and other needs related to facility upkeep.
- Good communication skills.
- Horsemanship, horse care, general horse handling, knowledge of equine nutritional requirements.
- Be able to lift and move water buckets, bales of straw, grass hay, and alfalfa hay.
- Be able to restrain neonatal foals and manage adult equines.
- Hold a valid drivers license and able to drive a standard size pickup truck with attached trailer.
Hours: This is a seasonal hourly position that will be limited to the breeding season March - August 2019. Hours worked can vary from half day to all day depending on work load. Work days will be scheduled by manager weekly.
Salary: Compensation will be on an hourly rate.
Interested parties should email or mail a Letter of Interest and Resume to:
Select Breeders Services, Inc.
Attn: Jonathan Clark
961 Cayots Corner Road
Chesapeake City, Maryland 21915