Administrative and Customer Service Representative
Select Breeders Service, Inc. (SBS) is seeking to hire an energetic and motivated individual to join the team of professionals at our Maryland based equine reproductive technology company. With its network of 16 Affiliated Laboratories located throughout the country, SBS is the leading provider of equine semen freezing storage and distribution services in North America. We also have an International Network of Affiliated Laboratories with locations in Europe, Australia and Central America.
In addition to providing semen collection, evaluation and cryopreservation services to stallion owners, SBS-Maryland is the central laboratory for all US based affiliate labs and is responsible for media production, quality control, training and technical support of affiliate personnel. We also operate a veterinary services division that offers mare breeding and management, foaling and an embryo transfer program. As such we are a full service equine reproduction center.
This is an hourly position that provides customer service and administrative support to the Sales/Office Manager.
The ideal candidate is organized, self-directed, detail oriented, flexible and a person who works well with others in a small "team" atmosphere.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not limited to the following:
- Answer and direct incoming calls for SBS and SBS-VS
- Manage all incoming and outgoing mail and distribute faxes as directed
- Maintain appearance of reception area
- Implement and maintain efficient filing systems
- Create and maintain customer files, ensuring PCI compliance
- Data entry and report generation in various SBS databases
- Provide clerical support to office manager as required
- Assist with event planning and travel reservations
Customer Service Support
- Respond to customer inquiries and communicate to incoming stallion and mare owners the required paperwork and promotional sheets for service requests
- Enter information into tracking spreadsheet and follow up as required to close the sale
- Maintain open line of communication with customers, educating them on SBS services, events and answering questions in a timely manner
- Work with Sales/Office Manager to improve all steps in the customer journey map
- Assist with mail out of quarterly storage billing
- Assist in updating client files in QuickBooks
- Make calls on delinquent accounts
- Assist in developing, tracking and implementing marketing plan
- Assist in coordination and submission of print and web advertising
- Participate in outbound sales efforts
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs.
- Organizational skills and good communication are vitally important to this position.
- A fundamental understanding of equine reproduction and breeding management is beneficial, but not required.
This is an hourly position estimated to constitute 30- 40 hrs a week. The ideal candidate would be available to work between the hours of 8am-5pm Monday through Friday. However scheduling is somewhat flexible.
Interested parties should email or mail a Letter of Interest and Resume to:
Select Breeders Service, Inc.
Attn: Jonathan Clark
961 Cayots Corner Rd