Select Breeders Service, Inc. (SBS), located in Chesapeake City, MD, is seeking to hire an energetic and motivated individual to join the team of professionals at our Maryland based equine reproductive technology company. With its network of 19 Affiliated Laboratories located throughout the country, SBS is the leading provider of equine semen freezing storage and distribution services in North America. We also have an International Network of Affiliated Laboratories with locations in Europe, Australia and Central America.
In addition to providing semen collection, evaluation and cryopreservation services to stallion owners, SBS-Maryland is the central laboratory for all US based affiliate labs and is responsible for media production, quality control, training and technical support of affiliate personnel. We also operate a veterinary services division that offers mare breeding and management, foaling and an embryo transfer program. As such we are a full-service equine reproduction center.
This is an hourly position for an experienced bookkeeper to assist in the managing of our day to day accounting and finance requirements. A strong working knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Office including Excel is essential.
Performance requirements for the position include:
- Maintenance of the company’s general ledger and to produce monthly work papers that reconcile the company’s balance sheet accounts.
- Produce client invoices and maintain the accounts receivable summary.
- Record vendor invoices and process payments.
- Produce the company’s payroll for each payroll period using our outside payroll service. This also includes posting the payroll to the company’s general ledger.
- Reconcile the company’s bank statements on a monthly basis.
- Produce management reports including but not limited to the company’s monthly financial statements as well as weekly cash requirement reports.
- Compare month to date and year to date income statement results and explain significant variances.
- Prepare the documents required by our outside accounting firm quarterly and at year end.
A successful candidate will have good organizational skills as they will be required to assist in certain office management tasks. Good communication skills are also required as the position will require working directly with our clients and vendors.
This is an hourly position estimated to constitute 30- 40 hrs a week. The ideal candidate would be available to work between the hours of 8am-5pm Monday through Friday. However, scheduling is somewhat flexible.
Interested parties should email or mail a Letter of Interest and Resume to:
Select Breeders Service, Inc.
Attn: Jonathan Clark
961 Cayots Corner Rd
Chesapeake City, MD 21915