Frozen Semen Storage and Distribution Manager
Select Breeders Services is seeking to hire an energetic and motivated individual to join our team of professionals at our Texas based equine reproductive technology company. With our network of Affiliated Laboratories located throughout the world, SBS is the leading provider of equine semen freezing, storage and distribution services. Our Texas facility maintains an equine sperm bank of more than 34,000 doses of frozen semen. For more information on Select Breeders Service and the International Network of Affiliated Laboratories please visit our website at www.selectbreeders.com.
This is an entry level position. However, after training is completed, the individual will take over responsibility for managing our frozen semen storage and distribution program. The individual will also provide assistance to senior technicians in the laboratory with semen collection and general laboratory maintenance. Additional duties will include office administration functions and customer service, inventory management and supply ordering.
The ideal candidate is organized, self directed, detail oriented, flexible and a person who works well with others in a small “team” atmosphere. Communication skills are vitally important as the individual will liaise with stallion and mare owners (in the USA and abroad) about their frozen semen shipments as well as with sales representatives and vendors.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not limited to the following:
- General Laboratory Maintenance including lab setup, cleaning and restocking
- Assist with semen collections and processing procedures for cooled shipment and cryopreservation
- Manage laboratory inventory of supplies, maintain supply and vendor lists and complete purchase orders
- Point person for frozen semen storage and distribution
- Maintain liquid nitrogen storage tanks and vapor shippers
- Manage frozen semen inventory movements, adjustments and reporting
- Receive and prepare domestic frozen semen shipment requests
- Receive, inventory and transfer incoming semen into storage
- Assist Export Manager with International Shipments as required
- Office Administration
- Filing and record keeping
- Customer service
- Assist with preparation of quarterly storage billing
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft office programs
- Will train to use our custom database software
- Basic knowledge of horse industry and an understanding of equine reproduction and breeding management is helpful
- Training in specific SBS protocols will be provided
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and occasionally ½ day on weekends
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and ability
Benefits: Full time employees are eligible for company provided health care. Additionally, after 1 year, may be eligible to participate in a company sponsored 401K and profit-sharing plan.
Interested parties should email a Letter of Interest and Resume to:
Christine Frank: christinefrank@SelectBreeders.com
Jonathan Clark: jonathanclark@SelectBreeders.com