Select Breeders Southwest, Inc. (SBSW) is seeking to hire an energetic and motivated individual to join the team of professionals at our Aubrey, Texas facility. With its network of 14 Affiliated Laboratories located throughout the world, Select Breeders Service is the leading provider of equine semen freezing, storage and distribution services. Our Texas facility maintains an equine sperm bank of more than 49,000 doses of frozen semen. In addition to providing semen collection, evaluation and cryopreservation services to stallion owners SBSW distributes annually over 5,000 doses of equine frozen semen to domestic and foreign destinations.
Join our team of equine professionals and become a part of an International Company dedicated to making a significant positive impact on the equine breeding industry. Select Breeders Southwest in Aubrey, Texas, the leading producing laboratory in the worldwide network of SBS Affiliated Laboratories for the past 12 years has a position available for an experienced manager. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience managing a hardworking and dedicated staff of technical and administrative personnel, managing a budget and has demonstrated an ability to increase efficiency and profitability of a small company. Candidate does not need a strong technical background in equine reproduction but a working knowledge of the horse industry and demonstrated experience with customer service is required.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not limited to the following
Accountable to owner for all that happens at SBSW. Areas of accountability include:
- Overall financial performance of company, both revenues and expenses. Expectation is that SBSW demonstrates minimum annual growth of 15% in revenues and profits to satisfy return on investment (ROI) for owner. This involves lead generation, lead conversion (sales), client fulfillment and quality assurance.
- All staffing and personnel issues. Must hire, develop and maintain a competent, motivated and productive team and identify and develop people within the company to grow in positions of responsibility as the company grows.
- Creation, design or implementation of systems to manage work flow including monitoring those systems to ensure compliance.
- Management of work and service schedules to efficiently utilize company resources and human capital while providing excellent service and maximizing profit margins.
- Quality Assurance for services provided by SBSW. SBS’s Director of Quality Assurance, Julie Skaife, will provide structure and oversight for all network labs including SBSW, SBS-MD and all Affiliates. When issues or problems are identified, work with QA Director to troubleshoot and take corrective actions.
- Customer fulfillment. Ensure that customers are getting “SBS caliber service” at all times. Resolve conflicts, complaints, issues, etc.
- Report on company performance to owner to keep him informed at all times of progress, problems or any significant issues.
Hours: Typically Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and ability.
Benefits: Full time employees that have completed one year of service are also eligible to participate in a company sponsored 401K and profit sharing plan.
Interested parties should email or mail a Letter of Interest and Resume to:
Select Breeders Service, Inc.
Attn: Erin Bishop
2982 Rock Hill Road
Aubrey, TX 76227
P: (940) 365-2467 or F: (940) 365-2570