Laboratory Technician and Support
Select Breeders Southwest, Inc. (SBSW) is seeking to hire an energetic and motivated individual to join the team of professionals at our Aubrey, Texas based equine reproductive technology company. The Aubrey office is part of a 23 Affiliated Laboratory network located throughout the world. SBS is the leading provider of equine semen freezing, storage and distribution services. For more information on Select Breeders SouthWest and the International Network of Affiliated Laboratories please visit our website at www.selectbreeders.com.
This is a full-time entry level technician position that primarily supports the activities of senior technicians in our laboratory.
The ideal candidate is organized, self directed, detail oriented, flexible and a person who works well with others in a small "team" atmosphere.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not limited to the following
- General laboratory maintenance
- Lab setup, cleaning and restocking
- Maintenance of lab equipment
- Assist with and perform semen collections
- Assist with semen evaluation and processing procedures for cooled shipment and cryopreservation
- Assist with frozen semen distribution and maintenance of frozen semen inventory
- Basic computer skills
- Microsoft office programs
- Will train to use our custom database software
- Proficient in basic laboratory procedures - Pipeting, Dilutions, Microscopy, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of equine reproduction and breeding management
- Prior experience with semen collection and evaluation procedures is beneficial
- Training in specific SBS protocols will be provided
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and occasionally ½ day on weekends
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and ability
Benefits: Full time employees that have completed one year of service are eligible to participate in a company sponsored 401K and profit sharing plan.
Interested parties should email or mail a Letter of Interest and Resume to: