Office and Sales Manager
Select Breeders Service, Inc. (SBS) is seeking to hire an energetic and motivated individual to join the team of professionals at our Maryland based equine reproductive technology company. With its network of 7 Affiliated Laboratories located throughout the country, SBS is the leading provider of equine semen freezing storage and distribution services in North America. Our Maryland facility maintains an equine sperm bank of more than 25,000 doses of frozen semen. In addition to providing semen collection, evaluation and cryopreservation services to stallion owners, SBS-Maryland is the central laboratory for all US based labs and is responsible for media production, quality control, training and technical support of Affiliate personnel.
This position is divided between two main areas of responsibility:
- Customer Service and Office Management
- Sales and Marketing
The ideal candidate is organized, self directed, detail oriented, flexible and a person who works well with others in a small "team" atmosphere.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not limited to the following
- Office Management and Accounting
- Answer and direct incoming calls, respond to customer inquiries
- Design, implement and maintain efficient filing systems and standard operating procedures
- Schedule mobile lab trips, trailer-in appointments, visiting horses and veterinary appointments
- Manage company calendar, schedule meetings, take minutes and assign action items. Follow up on completion of assignments.
- Maintain or supervise maintenance of all office equipment including phone systems, computers, printers, etc. Maintain office supplies.
- Coordinate event planning and travel reservations
- Under direction of Bookkeeper, manage accounts receivable collections system. Mail invoices, file customer invoices, reports and paid vendor bills
- Sales and Marketing
- Create, implement and maintain systems for lead generation, lead tracking and lead conversion
- Coordinate all print and web advertising, including sales of banner ads on our own website
- Responsible for creating and sending the monthly Email Newsletter in Constant Contact and maintaining the mailing list
- Manage social media networks and develop strategy for growth
- Website Support
- Update content on the website using CMS
- Work with manager on developing content & schedule for Blog posts
- Track web activity using Goggle Analytics and work towards improved SEO
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs.
- Organizational skills and good communication are vitally important to this position.
- Demonstrated experience in sales, marketing and project management preferred.
- Experience with Quick Books, Constant Contact and website Contact Management System (CMS) is desirable.
- A fundamental understanding of equine reproduction and breeding management is beneficial, but not required.
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and ability
Benefits: Employees are eligible for group health insurance after successful completion of a mandatory trial period. Full time employees that have completed one year of service are also eligible to participate in a company sponsored 401K and profit sharing plan.
Interested parties should email or mail a Letter of Interest and Resume to:
Select Breeders Service, Inc.
Attn: Jonathan Clark
961 Cayots Corner Rd