Horse Industry News
- USEF Announces 2014 High Performance Eventing Winter Training Sessions
- Vinceremos Therapeutic Riding Center Holds 26th Annual Dinner and Auction
- Post drawn, mounts selected for Drive-Off
- Instant Racing Bill advances in NJ Senate
- Dancer sponsors legislation to remove regulations impeding viability of New Jersey’s horse industry
- SOA of New York and Yonkers Raceway announce agreement
- Cat Sheree’s Last-Draw 223 Dominates NCHA Futurity John Deere Open
- Mandy McCutcheon Rides Ms Whiz Dunit To Win NRHA Futurity Non-Pro Go-Round
Genetic Disease and Testing SeminarFeature RSS Feed
December 03, 2013
Many breed registries now require testing for specific genetic diseases in order to be accepted into their registry. As research continues into the genetic diseases of specific breeds it’s possible the number of required tests could increase. Do you know what your breed registry requires? Do you know how these diseases can affect the foals you produce?Read More
Contract Considerations for Stallion OwnersBlog RSS Feed
February 16, 2012
Breeding season is upon us and hopefully the phone has been ringing off the hook with mare owners interested in breeding to your stallion. Now is a great time to review and update your frozen semen contracts. We are here to make it easier for you! We have prepared contract templates for either selling frozen semen by the dose or for a frozen semen breeding agreement, both templates are accompanied by detailed notes you can refer to for guidance when formulating your own agreements. Follow this link to download your Free Contract Guide and Templates. In this Blog article we answer commonly asked questions related to structuring your breeding agreement.Read More
If My Stallion Cools Well, Does That Mean He Will Also Freeze Well?
Not necessarily. Most stallions that cool well can be expected to freeze acceptably but this is not always the case. Occasionally a very fertile stallion with good cooled semen pregnancy rates will not freeze well. The only way to determine how well a stallion will freeze is to run a test freeze in a series of protocols (different extenders and cooling rates) and perform post-thaw motility analyses to evaluate his freezing potential.
Previous News Articles
- Come effettuare un analisi del fieno
- Laboratorio In Primo Piano: Scottsdale Equine Reproduction Center
- Kent Island Sporthorses
- Scottsdale Equine Reproduction Center
- Laboratorio In Primo Piano - SBSItalia
- Chado Farms
- Featured Lab: SBSItalia
Previous Blog Entries
- Che cos’è la motilità progressiva?
- Come Stimolare l’Inizio della Stagione di Monta
- Featured Blog: The Pros and Cons Of Equine Frozen Semen
- What Is Progressive Motility?
- Che cos’è una dose di seme congelato?
- What Exactly is a Dose of Frozen Semen?
- Understanding Your Frozen Semen Shipment Transaction Report
What Our Clients Say
"Michael Byatt Arabians is well represented in the show rings of the World due in part to the amazing work done by Select Breeders in sending the frozen semen from our stallions to all parts of the globe. From South Africa to the UAE to Australia and Norway, ......"
Our AffiliatesMore Labs
Owner: Wendy Ansell
Scottsdale Equine Reproduction Center
New Affiliate Laboratory