Horse Industry News
- Larry Rheinheimer dies
- Age no problem with Glenburn Addy
- NBC Sports Network To Broadcast Rolex Central Park Horse Show Tonight
- Larry Rheinheimer dies
- Just Make Believe takes Saratoga feature
- University of Kentucky Gluck Center Develops Novel Equine Arteritis Virus Test
- NCHA Executive Committee Alters Amateur Exception Rules
- American National Show - Live Stream & Promotional Opportunity
Featured News: 2016 Foal Photo Contest WinnerFeature RSS Feed
September 11, 2016
Congratulations to our 2016 Foal Photo Contest Winner! Christine Gregoriou has won a $75.00 Dover Saddlery gift certificate for the photo she submitted of her Filly (Peron x Nightengale). It’s always fun to run and play with mom!Read More
Featured Blog: Contract Considerations for Exporting Equine Frozen SemenBlog RSS Feed
September 07, 2016
The tests have been done and the frozen semen is ready for export…Now what? In our article, Exporting Frozen Semen from the United States, we covered topics ranging from determining if there is a foreign market for your stallion, to how to export the semen once it’s been frozen. Stallion owners/agents also need to consider how they are going to offer the frozen semen to a foreign market in the form of their breeding contract. In this article, we will discuss ways to sell the semen (by the dose or with a live foal guarantee), responsibility of shipping fees, what is to be done with leftover doses as well as who covers the costs of health testing and freezing, plus more.Read More
Do all stallions have semen that can be frozen?
Not all stallions can be successfully frozen. Our experience within the SBS Affiliate Network indicates that approximately 75% of all stallions with normal initial semen quality produce sperm that are able to withstand the stresses of freezing and thawing, based on the industry standard for commercial distribution of ≥30% post-thaw progressive motility.
Previous News Articles
- Featured Breeder: Christina Potter
- Why SBS Requests Disease Testing of Stallions
- Rebeca Martin
- Featured News: The Olympics and SBS
- Doyle and Kate Dertell
- Team Member: Kamaria Kuhn
- What's New at SBS in Maryland?
Previous Blog Entries
- Ground Collection of the Stallion
- Collecting a Fractionated Stallion Ejaculate
- Recent Updates on Freezing Equine Embryos
- How to Manage the 'Slow' Stallion in the Breeding Shed
- What Can Cause a Mare to Lose Her Pregnancy?
- Should Frozen-Thawed Semen Be Diluted Prior to Insemination?
- Can Genetics Turn the Art of Stallion Selection into a Science?
What Our Clients Say
"Thank goodness for frozen semen! Aspen Way Gala Night had undergone lifesaving colic surgery and would have missed the breeding season..."
Our AffiliatesMore Labs
Breed: Belgian Warmblood
Agent: Hyperion Stud
Sire: Bugatti Hilltop