USDF Horse of the Year, Pan American Games gold medal team member and FEI dressage superstar. Pik L was 100-day tested and licensed in Germany with an overall score of 128.6 – 4th place. Among the highlights were an 8.0 on character and temperament, 9.0 on his rideability and an 8.0 on his canter. Currently, Pik L has received two stars from the ISR/OLD, -/*/*/-/-.
Pik L is an exceptional athlete and an extraordinary sire. Each year this stallion produces foals that inherit his amazing athletisim and temperament. These foals become horses with great talent and rideability. His proven track record as a sire shows not only in the dressage ring but with the blood of Pik Koening, also shines over fences.
In addition to maintaining a busy breeding schedule, Pik L has trained and shown successfully through Grand Prix. For years, Pik L dominated the small tour (Prix St. Georges and Intermediaire I) at prestigious shows on the East Coast with scores in the 70s. This culminated in the USDF Horse of the Year and a sweep of Dressage at Devon. Pik L showcased his tremendous temperament by winning the team gold medal and first place individually with Noel Williams at the 2005 USDF Junior Team Championships. The following year, Pik L swept the juniors again, this time with Emily Wagner.
• 2008 Successful Grand Prix competitor
• 2007 Gold Medal American team, Pan American Games, Reserve Horse with Susan Dutta
• 2006 Dressage at Devon, winner of all three junior classes with scores as high as 73.571%.
• 2005 USDF Junior Team National Championships, Gold Medal and 1st place individually
• 2004 Dressage at Devon, Prix St. Georges, 1st Place, 70.912%
• 2004 Dressage at Devon, Intermediaire I Freestyle, 1st Place, 74.583%
• 2004 CHIO Aachen, Intermediaire I Freestyle, 4th Place, 73.25%
• 2003 20 FEI wins at Prix St. Georges and Intermediaire, including a sweep of the three small
tour classes at Dressage at Devon with scores above 70%
• 2003 USDF Horse of the Year, Intermediaire I
• 2003 USDF Horse of the Year, Intermediaire I Freestyle
• 2003 Pan American Games, 4th Place
Pikko del Cerro HU was honered as the 2009 Markel/USEF 6 Year Old National Dressage Champion. At 2009 Dressage at Devon this handsome stallion was awarded the prestigious Stallion Championship. Under saddle he continued his Devon dominance winning all 6-Year-Old classes and scoring above 85%.
In 2008 he was the top placed American bred at the 2008 Markel/USEF National Championships in the 5-Year-Old division. Also in 2008, he won both FEI 5-Year-Old classes at Dressage at Devon with scores above 85%. In 2007, he won both USEF 4-Year-Old classes at Dressage at Devon with scores above 80%. Pikko del Cerro HU was named the 2007 USDF All Breeds Award (AHS) 1st place 4-Year-Old Materiale Stallion. As a youngster he won the 2-Year-Old Stallion Class at Devon in 2005 with a score of 90%. This earned him the Born in the USA award.
For more top offspring, see:
Please note that the content and photographs entered into stallion guide profile pages are maintained by the individual stallion’s owner or agent. SBS cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of the information presented. If at anytime you see something that needs to be addressed please feel free to contact us directly.