- 6460 Highway 219 NE
- Gervais, OR 97026
- P: (503) 682-3898
Summit Equine, Inc.
Summit Equine was established in the Willamette Valley of Oregon in 2017 when Drs. Ryan and Dora Ferris decided to leave their careers in Colorado and move their family to the Northwest.
Who is Summit Equine?
Dr. Ryan Ferris is originally from Washington State, and performed his veterinary training at Washington State University. Ryan went on to perform a residency in theriogenology at Colorado State University (CSU) and is board-certified in the American College of Theriogenology, a specialist in equine reproduction. Following his residency, Dr. Ferris was invited to stay at CSU as a faculty member for seven years. He brings to us an extensive background in problem mares and embryo transfer with an international recognized research program in diagnostics and therapeutics for endometritis. Now, with the addition of becoming a SBS Affiliate Laboratory, Summit Equine offers services for every aspect of the equine breeding process.
Dr. Dora Ferris is originally from Washington State, and performed her veterinary training at Washington State University. She pursued a sports medicine and rehabilitation residency at CSU and is board certified in the American College of Veterinary Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation. Dr. Dora Ferris offers services in lameness diagnostics, therapeutics, and rehabilitation to optimize keeping your athlete in performance. She is always looking for new technology in combination with tried-and-true practices to get horses working at their highest ability.
Reproduction Services include:
- Fresh, cooled and frozen semen breeding
- Embryo transfer
- Oocyte aspiration
- Embryo freezing and cryo storage
- Mare and stallion breeding soundness exams
- Stallion collection training
- Semen analysis
- Shipping cooled semen collections
- Freezing semen and cryo storage
- Epididymal semen collection and freezing
- Foaling and care of the newborn foal
Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Services include:
- Lameness and sports medicine diagnostics with strong interest in neck and back pain
- Regenerative medicine
- Top of the line digital radiography and ultrasound
- Therapeutic modalities including: shockwave, class IV laser, curo, rehabilitation consultation and planning, accupuncture, and physio therapeutics
- Conditioning for performance horses that are in house for breeding
Summit Equine is here to help you with your horse, whether it's for keeping your horse performing in the show ring or continuing their legacy into the next generation. Please contact us at email@example.com or call (503) 682-3898.