How to Log In and Use the Stallion Guide
The Stallion Guide is a FREE marketing tool we offer to our frozen semen clients. With thousands of visitors every month the Stallion Guide offers broad exposure to an international market and targeted advertising to breeders interested in using frozen semen. The Stallion Guide offers the following advantages to our stallion owners:
- You can create detailed stallion profiles, including photos and videos
- Interested mare owners can message you through the website
- You can view and track your stallion’s frozen semen shipments
- Your mare owners & veterinarians can also view and track their frozen semen shipments
The Stallion Guide is a complimentary service for agent/owner’s of stallions with SBS frozen semen that is currently in storage with an SBS affiliate lab and meets our recommended minimum thresholds for commercial distribution.
How To Log In
To access your stallion profile you first need to Log In. You do not need to Register as a new user. All stallion owners already have a website profile created for them, attached to their stallion's profile.
If you have not logged into the website before, the first thing you need to do is set the password on your profile.
Set Your Password
The Username for your website profile is your email address. All stallion owner profiles are created without a password. If you are logging in for the first time you need to set your password. To do this click on the "Forgot Your Password? Resend" link.
Enter your email address into the box and click, Reset Password. An email will be sent to your email account, follow the link within this email. Type in a new password and hit Change Password. The password will be submitted and you will then be logged into the website.
To access your profile, click Your account in the top right corner of website (near flags).
Once logged in you can access your Profile, by clicking on Your Account.
My email is "Not Found"
Your user profile has been set-up with the email address we currently have on file for you. If your contact information has been recently updated, the email address we have on file may not be current. If your email address is not recognized by the Reset Password prompt, please call SBS (410-885-3202) to confirm/update the email address we have on file.
My email address is no longer functional?
If we have an old email address on file that is no longer functional, and therefore you will not be able to receive the Reset Password email, please call (410-885-3202) to update your email address.
I logged into the website but I don't see my stallion listed under My Stallions.
It is possible that you registered as a new user, instead of setting the password on your existing profile.All stallion owners already have a website profile created for them, attached to their stallion's profile. If you have not logged into the website before, the first thing you need to do is set the password on your profile. You do not need to register as a new user. We can easily correct this situation, please call (410) 885-3202.
It is also possible that your stallion is assigned to another user profile, e.g. the agent, if you are the owner or vise versa. Please call (410- 885-3202) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to resolve this issue.
It says my email address is already taken
If you received this error message when registering as a new user it is because there is already a profile that exists with this email address. All stallion owners already have a website profile created for them, so you do not need to register as a new user. If you have not logged into the website before, the first thing you need to do is set the password on your profile. Follow the instructions under Set Your Password above.
Your profile page has the following options:
- Profile - this pop-up link is visible to other users and will display your contact information.
- Edit Profile - here you can change your password, upload a profile photo and edit your contact information.
- Transaction History - this will display a list of your frozen semen shipments and allow direct tracking through FedEx.
- Inbox - here you can view and respond to email messages sent through the SBS website.
- Send Message - when viewing another users profile you will have the option of sending them a message.
Under My Stallions will be a thumbnail display for each of the stallions assigned to your profile. Here there are two options:
- View Details - this displays the stallion’s profile information and a list of shipments.
- Edit Details - here you can edit the information posted for your stallion, e.g. Name, Stud Fee, Breed, Registry and Discipline. You can also enter text under the following headings - Pedigree, Overview, Performance and Offspring - in addition to uploading photos, video or documents (e.g. breeding contracts).
The stallion owner/agent can view more information than the general public when viewing their stallion's profile. To view the public display of your stallion’s profile, Log Out, then search for him through the Stallion Guide.
Please let us know if you would like to request additional Registries or Disciplines be added to the list of possible options.
Posting of Stallions to the Stallion Guide
There are two levels of approval required in order to post your stallion to the Stallion Guide:
stallion will not be posted to the Stallion Guide unless SBS has
approval from the stallion owner/agent. If you would like to post your
stallion to the Stallion Guide, under Edit Details please select YES next to: Include in Stallion Guide (Owner Approval).
To decline posting select NO.
If your stallion was posted on the Sire Directory of the old SBS website your stallion was automatically posted to the new Stallion Guide. In this case Include in Stallion Guide (Owner Approval) is not displayed. To remove your stallion from the Stallion Guide, please contact SBS (410-885-3202).
Please Note: The stallion is not posted to the Stallion Guide unless the Affiliate Approval is also completed.
The Stallion Guide is a complimentary service provided by SBS for owner/agents of stallions with SBS frozen semen that is currently in storage with an SBS affiliate lab and meets our recommended minimum thresholds for commercial distribution.
The Affiliate Approval is displayed as: Approved for Stallion Guide: Yes, No or Not Entered.
If the Affiliate Approval is listed as Not Entered, contact your SBS affiliate lab (or email@example.com) to update the entry.
Entering Text into the Stallion Profile
Entering Pedigree Names
When entering names into the pedigree, watch the auto-complete drop down menu that appears as you type, since the name may have been previously entered into the system. If this is the case, selecting the previously entered name in the drop down menu will ensure the sire or dam is connected appropriately to all pedigrees in which it appears. You will notice that if you click on a sire or dam name in another stallion’s pedigree, it will display other profiles that share these ancestors.
Entering Text into Overview, Performance and Offspring
You can either type into the text box or copy and paste text in from Microsoft Word. When pasting from Word don’t forget to proof after submitting, as some formatting elements do not transfer from Word. Bold, italics, underline, bullets and numbered lists can be created using the formatting buttons at the bottom of the text box.
Photo file types supported by the SBS website are jpegs and pngs. To prevent upload errors, please try to avoid long file names and special characters (other than letters and numbers) in the file name of your photo. There are three places to upload photos to the Stallion profile:
- Profile Photo - This is the large photo that displays in the stallion’s profile. Enter this photo under the Photo link at the top of the Edit Stallion page.
- Thumbnail Photo - This smaller photo displays as the link to your stallion’s profile within your user profile and also in the search results of the Stallion Guide. Enter this photo under the Small Photo link at the top of the Edit Stallion page. Some cropping occurs with the thumbnail photo, to correct this you may need to crop the photo before uploading.
- Gallery Photos - Here, Add gallery entry (photo or video), you can upload as many additional photos as you wish to the stallion profile. They are displayed in a Photo Gallery at the bottom of the stallion's profile page.
Video can be uploaded to your stallion's profile. The system supports videos hosted by YouTube. To upload a video, copy and paste the direct URL for the video from YouTube into the "Input video URL" field under the VIDEOS section of the stallion's profile on the website. Up to five videos are allowed per profile. Once you have entered the URL for the videos you wish to upload, scroll to the bottom of the profile page and click "Update Stallion". Check your video plays after uploading and contact SBS (410-885-3202) if you experience any problems.