Laboratory Technician and Support
Our Equine Reproduction Center in Aubrey, TX is seeking to hire an energetic and motivated individual to join the team of professionals. With its network of Affiliate Laboratories located throughout the country, SBS is the leading provider of equine semen freezing storage and distribution services in North America. Our Texas facility maintains an equine sperm bank of more than 34,000 doses of frozen semen in addition to providing semen collection, evaluation and cryopreservation services to stallion owners. For more information on SBS and the International Network of Affiliate Laboratories please visit our website at www.SelectBreeders.com.
This is an entry level technician position that primarily supports the activities of senior technicians in our laboratory. The ideal candidate is organzized, self-directed, detail oriented, flexible and a person who works well with others in a small "team" atmosphere.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not limited to the following:
- General laboratory maintenance
- Lab setup, cleaning and restocking
- Maintenance of lab equipment
- Assist with and perform semen collections
- Assist with semen evaluation and processing procedures for cooled shipment and cryopreservation
- Assist with frozen semen distribution and maintenance of frozen semen inventory
- Assist with mare reproductive procedures
- Basic computer skills
- Microsoft office programs
- Will train to use our custom database software
- Proficient in basic laboratory procedures - Pipeting, Dilutions, Microscopy, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of equine reproduction and breeding management
- Prior experience with semen collection and evaluation procedures is beneficial
- Training in specific SBS protocols will be provided
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and occasionally ½ day on weekends
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and ability
Benefits: Full time employees are eligible for company provided health care. Additionally, after 1 year, may be eligible to participate in a company sponsored 401K and profit-sharing plan.
Interested parties should email a Letter of Interest and Resume to:
Christine Frank: christinefrank@SelectBreeders.com
Jonathan Clark: jonathanclark@SelectBreeders.com