South Ridge Aidan
- Breed: Connemara
- Discipline: Dressage, Driving, Eventing, Hunter Jumper, Hunter Under Saddle, Jumping, Polo, Show Pony
- Registry: American Connemara Pony Society
- Export qualified: no
- Available in:
- Owner: Kimberley Sterl
- Last Updated: Wed Feb 12, 2020
South Ridge Aidan has a big forward trot with free shoulder movement. His correct stretching free walk regularly scored 8s, sometimes a 9! His nice length of rein gives him a look of elegance and supple balance.
Aidan has had very limited breeding and performance opportunities due to his owner's circumstances. His wonderful temperamenti makes it easy to keep him as a home based stallion. So far his offspring have had his agreeable fun temperament, correct conformation and his lovely movement.
Aidan's dam sire, Hideaways Erin Smithereen, is the sire of many fabulous athletes,including international level eventer HideawaysErin Go Bragh, and the dressage horse Erin Casco Bay (PSG). Aidan's 3/4 sisters, South Ridge Bliss and South Ridge Chloe, are producing nationally recognized dressage and DSHB ponies (see Fifinella GCF and Fancy This GCF, also South Ridge Thistlebit)
Aidan is a 21 year old heterozygous grey (born bay, no dilute) with no evidence of melanoma to date
- Two time ACPS Region 1 Champion Stallion
- Two time ACPS Region 1 Reserve Champion Stallion
- 2009 SNHDCTA Dressage Champion
- South Ridge Electra, 2003 halfbred mare, well placed in CDEs around New England
- South Ridge Seacht Shenanigans, 2017 bay purebred gelding, winner of ACPS Region 1 Purebred Yearling Colts and Geldings, Res Champion Youngstock
- South Ridge Unique, 2019 bay purebred colt, winner of ACPS Region 1 Purebred Colts and Geldings of 2018/2019
Please note that the content and photographs entered into stallion guide profile pages are maintained by the individual stallion’s owner or agent. SBS cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of the information presented. If at anytime you see something that needs to be addressed please feel free to contact us directly.