Better Quality Control
- With SBS frozen semen, a dose is a dose. Each dose of frozen semen is packaged to contain the appropriate number of sperm and post-thaw motility is objectively tested using CASA so you can trust that you will receive good quality semen.
- Every shipment of frozen semen from SBS will be delivered with a transaction report that provides you with reliable data on the quality of semen in the doses you receive.
- It is SBS policy that all stallions undergo health testing to insure that distributed semen does not act as a vector for the spread of infectious diseases, even for domestic distribution.
- SBS frozen semen contains no bacterial mare pathogens. It is SBS policy that every ejaculate of frozen semen be tested post-thaw for the presence of bacterial pathogens or significant contaminating bacteria.
You CAN get Comparable Fertility to Cooled Semen
- SBS frozen semen can achieve comparable pregnancy rates to cooled semen in commercial breeding programs. SBS has developed and tested a simple and effective protocol for managing mares being inseminated with frozen semen.
- A comparison of commercial fertility with cooled and frozen semen is presented below:
|No. of Stallions||16||106|
|No. of Mares||850||876|
|1st Cycle PR||59%||51%|
|Seasonal Pregnancy Rate||75%||76%|
Loomis, PR (2001) The Equine Frozen Semen Industry. Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Stallion Reproduction. Anim Reprod Sci, 68; 191-200.
The Most Convenient and Economical Distribution Program
- Order semen today, have it tomorrow and use our shipping tank as storage during the mare’s heat cycle. No need to have your own storage container.
- Most SBS Labs charge a flat fee for distribution that includes the handling fee, container rental and two- way Express shipping.